Monday, September 15, 2008

Losses & Gains

It is my hope--no, let me say my intention--that a big part of the roadtrip of the coming year will be my final weight-loss experience.

Now, seriously, it seems to me that losing weight should be an "Everlasting Gobstopper" kind of thing--to paraphrase Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory--"once is enough for anybody." Unfortunately, for me (& I know for many others) it's more of an irritating rerun that keeps playing again & again & again...

So amid all the changes & strangeness of the months ahead, amid all of life that is beyond my control, I'm taking back my health. Losing pounds & inches, gaining control & confidence (& the wardrobe I grew out of during pregnancy!). I'll be SugarBusting; it worked for me before, slow but sure, & I'm going to trust it again. This time, though, I'm giving myself some additional structure with a journal for jotting down my eating (I am waaay too inclined to cheat!!), counting water intake (a must, especially as long as I am nursing), & logging my Walk Away the Pounds miles.

The other "gain" I'm taking on (& once again, not for the first time) is prayer. I've been noticing lately how often needs & concerns arise, & I am painfully quick to say "I'll pray for you," & then forget about it two seconds later. So as long as I had out my Bind It All today, I put together a little journal for prayer needs & thanksgivings, as well as my "get well, stay well" book for healthly living. If I can get in the "jotting down" habit, I think both of these can be small steps toward a healthier outer & inner life.



(P.S. Thanks Jean for the Bind It All b'day gift, & for sharing this tutorial that helped me make my first books!)

2 comments:

StampingRooster said...

I hear you Nikki and I know you'll do it! (I'm trying to join you, today was my first full day on points (WW) in I don't know how long). Your journals themselves are inspiring! so beautiful.

Jean said...

I'm so glad that you are enjoying your birthday gift! Your beautiful creations are always an inspiration to me, so it's a bit of a selfish gift, I think :)