Tuesday, November 25, 2008

The Most Wonderful Time

It's that time again! This will be my second year doing Shimelle's Journal Your Christmas class (check it out at http://www.shimelle.com/classes/). It was probably my single favorite project last year; I made a 6x12 book using a technique from another Shimelle class, and (almost) every morning at the crack of dawn I got up, checked email for the daily prompt, and made my page within about half an hour. I loved everything about it--attentiveness to the day-to-day of the season, using up my stash, off-the-cuff scrapping, focus on journaling.

It's funny, now I think of it--as much as I love this season, it had never occurred to me to be so consider-ate about it.

I'm so looking forward to doing the journal again, although I'm not quite sure how it's going to look this time around. Because I did so much actual journaling last year, I'm thinking of taking a different focus and perhaps a different format this time--but what? I don't awaken to peaceful, easy mornings anymore, so when will I work? And we'll be traveling early in the month, so how can I prepare a "portable" journal-in-progress? Lots of questions about the "how," but I don't have any doubt that the journal will become my favorite project of '08. The countdown begins now! 6 days to go!

2 comments:

Gail said...

Looking forward to seeing your journaland how you approach it this year with a different format. It's my first time.

Guinevere said...

Love the look of your journal for last year & am looking forward to seeing what you create this year. See you on the boards!