Thursday, May 14, 2009

A Two-fer

Project #5 from Taking Flight. This one went through a couple of very unfortunate phases, but I'm so pleased with the final product. Kelly Rae's theme for this project was "honoring memories"... I loved pairing my Wonder Woman photo with a take-off on the phrase "It's a wonderful life," which carries so many associations for me and my family. I used Kelly Rae's basic instructions for the collaged and painted background and the photo, but instead of painting an additional figure a la Kelly Rae, I went for an oversized title. I masked the letters (with a QuicKutz diecut font and Maya Mist spray ink) and then highlighted them with a white gel pen.

You know--sometimes you just need a little reminder that there's a superhero inside. :)

And this is my newest SALT contribution, on the theme of God's strength. I kind of went my own way with the theme (surprise). My basic method, once each theme is "announced" to the team, is to go through all my random photos and look for something that seems to fit. Sometimes it has been a photo that seems to say something interesting about the chosen theme; other times, I find the theme says something interesting about my photos! These pictures are of Conwy Castle in Wales; the scripture is Psalm 27:1, "The Lord is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?"

Wishing you wonder--and fearlessness!

3 comments:

mamaluke said...

A wondeful response, Amen he is our STRONG TOWER!

Jean said...

Hooray Nikki! Two beautiful projects! I absolutely LOVE the look of the blue paint and the lettering. You've inspired me to get my Kelly Rae project finished.

I love your new creations ALMOST as much as I love those other two creations I got to see this morning at the preschool :)

Hazel said...

I love the photo and the verse you chose for the Salt challenge - so appropriate and such a lovely LO x