Thursday, June 25, 2009

Love is Patient

Here's my latest SALT contribution, for the theme "Fruits of the Spirit." I found this picture of my Grandma teaching me how to use my new little sewing machine, and I realized how much patience that must have taken! And how much patience (not to mention kindness, goodness, gentleness, etc etc) Grandma has shown me through the years. (I assume this was a Christmastime picture? Mom? Are you reading this? Do you remember?)

After exploring my stash, I decided to (finally) pull out an untouched Scarlet Lime project kit from February; the Valentine theme seemed perfect, and the "love" heart (cut out from Making Memories paper) inspired the title. Journaling reads: I am so blessed not only to observe, but also to receive the bounty of the Spirit's fruits in you--all these years--you have taught me so much.

Love you, Grandma.

2 comments:

Julie Masse said...

Wonderful example and great project!! :)

Kim said...

What a darling layout, showcasing wonderful memories! This is fantastic!