Thursday, July 9, 2009

Prayer.

Another one of those "I knew I took this random picture for a reason" layouts:

(Doorknocker on St. Mary's Church, Harefield, U.K.) This week's SALT challenge was on the theme "prayer"... this was not what I had in mind after reading the challenge/devotion, but once again I let my picture-finding drive my project-making. At first I also felt I should've done some journaling on this layout, but I got to a point with this where it seemed to be " 'nuff said."

Papers are Cosmo Cricket Gretel; the alpha is from Scenic Route, but having already used up some of the diecut letters on it, I had to "make do" by tracing and cutting out some (the Ks) and using some of the other empty spaces to make letter "frames" with patterned paper middles.

The next SALT challenge (two weeks from today) will be my last one, as we get ready for the Gigantic Life Transition that our family will be in over the next few months. Also, purely coincidentally (!?!?) it is my turn to choose the challenge. It's in my head, and should be an interesting (painful? encouraging? definitely challenging) one to work with.

See you then. Blessings.

2 comments:

Hazel said...

What a beautiful photo you've used - just crying out to be used for this challenge. Hope everything goes well as you prepare to move on - already thinking about the next challenge for Salt - thanks x

mamaluke said...

What a lovely reminder of what prayer is! We'll miss you!