Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Beginning tomorrow...

... I will be posting (hopefully) daily, during the upcoming weeks of Lent.

I have several "projects" and practices going on during Lent this year, both church-related and personal, and as I've considered how best to make blogging part of my Lent experience, one idea has stuck out:

This year I will be writing and posting a prayer a day during the season of Lent.

If you would like to follow along with the traditional weekly lectionary readings, links will be provided in the blog's sidebar; I may or may not find myself praying in response to those specific scriptures (if I do, those links will also appear in the relevant blog post). Each week there will be one post that is based on the Psalm reading, combining contemporary/creative lines with those of the psalms to offer up a prayer that is both scriptural and personal.

I hope you will join me here for Lent 2012: Prayers for a Whole Life. Bookmark this blog, subscribe (in the sidebar) to receive posts by email, or just pop in when you will. It's my hope that this season will enrich your journey, and that we will recognize ourselves to be connected to one another in the web of prayer that is without borders and beyond time.

No comments: