Thursday, March 1, 2012

Prayers for a Whole Life : Day 9

a prayer of praise for Lent
inspired by Psalm 25


While the world wants me to lift up my accomplishments,
my bank account, my good deeds,
my important networks, my skills:
To you, O Lord, I lift up my soul.


Though I don't always understand your plans,
and I can't always see clearly through the gathering clouds,
Make me to know your ways, O Lord; teach me your paths.


Help me to trust you through the downpours.
Lead me in your truth, and teach me,
for you are the God of my salvation;
for you I wait all day long.


Give me grace to wait faithfully
through nights of tossing and turning,
through days drenched in fear.
Be mindful of your mercy, O Lord, and of your steadfast love,
for they have been from of old.


Everywhere I go with you,
a promise shines in the clearing sky,
and I am assured that
all the paths of the Lord are steadfast love and faithfulness,
for those who keep his covenant and his decrees.

No comments: